KRA PAYE CHANGES Part 3
In addition to the six major departments, the Authority has the following service departments that enhance its operational efficiency:
- Risk Management & Internal Audit
- Ethics & Integrity
- Legal Services
- Information Communication Technology
The office of the Board Secretary handles all issues related to the Board of Directors.
- Role of KRA in the economy
To administer and to enforce written laws or specified provisions of written laws pertaining to assessment, collection and accounting for all revenues in accordance with these laws.
Advise on matters pertaining to the administration or and the collection of revenue under written laws.
- Enhance efficiency and effectiveness of tax administration by eliminating Bureaucracy, Procurement, Promotion, Training and Discipline.
- Eliminate tax evasion by simplifying and streamlining procedures and improving tax payer service and education thereby increasing the rate of compliance.
- Promote professionalism and eradicate corruption amongst K.R.A. employee by paying adequate salaries that enables the institution to attract and retain competent professionals of integrity and sound ethical morals.
- Restore Economic Independence and Sovereign pride of Kenya by eventually eliminating the perennial budget deficits by creating organizational structures that maximize revenue collection.
Ensure protection of local Industries and facilitate economic growth through effective administration of tax laws relating to trade.
- Ensure effective allocation of scarce resources in the economy by effectively enforcing tax policies thereby sending the desired incentives and shift signals throughout the country.
- Facilitate distribution of income in socially acceptable ways by effectively enforcing tax laws affecting income in various ways.
Facilitate economic stability and moderate cyclic fluctuations in the economy by providing effective tax administration as an implementation instrument of the fiscal and stabilization policies.
- Be a ‘watchdog’ for the Government agencies ( such as Ministries of Health, Finance, etc. by controlling exit and entry points to the country to ensure that prohibited and illegal goods do not pass through Kenyan borders