How To Apply For A Single Business Permit in Nairobi City County
A Single business permit is required for the smooth operation of any business in Nairobi and other towns in Kenya. The permit is important in ensuring that a business complies with the established rules for that specific type of a business.
Online Permit Application / Renewal
For an online Application / renewal, you will need access to an internet connection, money in your mobile phone, contact details and the business identification number. Then you;
- Log in or create an account on the Nairobi county self-service portal with the necessary contact details then proceed to the homepage into the unified business permit and click on renew.
- Fill in your business identification number then enter the year you want to Apply / renew.
- You will be directed to the check status page where you can view the company status and costs needed for the application / renewal. The page also contains the exact Nairobi City Council business permits rates for that specific year, the amount you have penalized for any late payment if any and business permits for the previous year. Check the information thoroughly to make sure everything is okay.
- If it’s your first time, you will receive ” a wallet does not have any funds message” . Below the message, there is another tab for top-up, click it to continue to top-up.
- You will be then directed to the Nairobi county E-wallet where you will be prompted to add your phone number and the amount you will be required to top up and then key in our password and click submit. The system will then direct you to the different page where you will chose your preferred payment method.
- Choose your desired method and proceed to payment. Afterward, you will be taken back to the wallet has insufficient funds page and be prompted to complete which will then direct you to the confirmation page.
- Upon satisfaction with the given information, type your pin and submit the details.
- The system will prompt you with two links: to print your business permit and to print the receipt.
- Print the permit and then download it.
- Finally, display the downloaded business permit at the premises as is required by the law.
We hope that you will manage to successfully Obtain a Business permit in Nairobi by following the easy steps described above.